moving home checklist
Moving home is undeniably a very stressful time for anyone. With so many things to consider and think about, the moving date can begin to feel like a dark cloud looming…
That’s why we’re here to help you. D&M Removals & Storage can be with you every step of the way to offer our expert skills and knowledge, including packaging and storage as well as removals, in order to ensure a smooth and stress-free move.
We’ve compiled a helpful guide that you can refer to throughout your move that includes advice and tips that can help make it as seamless and straight forward as possible.
A couple of months before the move:
· Start collecting cardboard boxes of all different shapes and sizes. Never underestimate how many you will need- get as many as you can!
· Start sorting your things out early on. Use it as an excuse for a spring clean and a good sort out. Get rid of things you no longer need or use and send them to your local charity shop.
One month before the move:
· Find a professional, affordable and trustworthy removals company to assist with your move. D&M Removals & Storage have expertly trained staff that are skilled and equipped to carry out both domestic and commercial moves to a high standard, ensuring your belongings are looked after.
· Consider whether you will need storage to accommodate for your possessions during the move. D&M Removals Limited offer, domestic and commercial storage at completive prices.
· Start planning what things will go in which room in the new location; this will help vastly when it comes to moving day.
A few weeks before the move:
· Start packing up all your belongings into appropriate sized boxes and containers, ensuring to be extra cautious with those delicate and fragile items. D&M Removals Limited can offer our expert services with packaging, providing materials such as bubble wrap, blankets and much much more.
· Make sure you label up the boxes so you don’t find yourself in a mess when it comes to unpacking everything.
· It might be worth making an inventory as well, so you know exactly what items you will be taking with you.
One week before the move:
· Continue packing and labelling the rest of your belongings up, more so for the things that you won’t need on a day to day basis.
· Any delicate items need an arrow drawing on the box, showing which direction to hold the item in to avoid any accidental damage during the move.
· Make sure you keep all your important paperwork and documents together in a folder or secure container of some sort. You don’t want these to get lost amongst all your other belongings.
· Give the house one last blitz so everything is in good condition to leave.
The day of the move:
· Now you can pack those things that you use every day. It’s a good idea to pack all your essentials in an overnight bag. This way you have everything that you will need straight to hand and it saves searching through endless boxes and bags trying to find what you need.
· Make sure you’re around during the move so you can highlight to the removals team which items are to go in which room, and those that need to be handled extra carefully.
· Do your last minute checks to make sure you’ve not left anything behind – especially those permanent fixtures like lampshades and wall paintings that can get overlooked.
· Do another inventory check once you’re in the new property to make sure you have all the same items you left with and nothing had been forgotten about or lost.
Now you have all your belongings safely in your new surroundings, you can finally start enjoying your new home and get settled in properly!
For more information about help with your move, or for a free quotation, simply get in touch with our professional and friendly team here at D&M Removals Limited today!
Make sure you pack your belongings properly and label each box clearly. Pack your books and other heavy objects in small boxes so that they're easier to handle. Squat without bending over, and use your legs to lift any heavy objects. Don't forget to dismantle any larger items of furniture so that they'll fit easily through doors.
CALL US NOW…
For more information on your storage requirements across Bedford, Northampton & Milton Keynes, or to book, simply give our friendly team a call on BEDFORD: 01234 404502, NORTHAMPTON: 01604 438444, MILTON KEYNES: 01908 803316 and see how we can help you move.